This course is for Learners who wish to acquire general and specialist business knowledge and skills in the Core and Leadership and Management strand of the qualification to enable them to contribute to the achievement of an entities strategic objectives in operational role, in an ethical manner and multicultural environment. The program aims to meet the needs of relevant industry and community stakeholders as evidenced by the Needs Analysis for the Business Qualifications Review conducted by NZQA in August 2012 and available on the NZQA website (on which this new qualification is based). The Local Advisory Committee has further endorsed this.
The programme is course based and 120 credits of study consisting of eight compulsory courses (papers) of 15 credits each as set out below:
601. Strategic Planning
602. Financial Management
603. Human Resource Management
604. Operations Management
605. Strategic Marketing
607. Business Environment
608. Applied Management Project
40 weeks (32 weeks teaching)
23rd January, 2017/27th March,2017/5th June,2017/14th August,2017/ 23rd October,2017
Applicants over 20 years of age will be assessed as to their likely ability to succeed in the programme given any existing qualifications, work experience and motivation to enter the programme.
Applicants under 20 years of age will have completed a level 5 qualification in business.
International students will also:
Meet NZQA criteria for existing English proficiency (if applicable) OR
Have IELTS 6.0 with no band below 5.5.
1) The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand business entities with people who have general and specialized business knowledge and skills that can be applied in a range of operational roles.
2) Graduates will benefit New Zealand business entities by contributing to the achievement of entities’ operational objectives, through the application of knowledge and skills, in an ethical manner, in a bi- and multi-cultural environment
3) In addition, graduates will have specialized knowledge and skills for application in operational roles in New Zealand business entities, depending on which strand is achieved.
Student can work for up to 20 hours per week and 40 hours per week during school holiday
Qualification earns 40 points toward skilled immigrant category in New Zealand
Pathway to New Zealand Diploma in Business (Leadership & Management) Level 7 and degree course in university.
Graduates can apply the knowledge into below positions:
Office Managers and Program Administrators
Hotel Service Managers
Post office Manager
Retail Bakery Manager
Travel Agency Manager
Betting Agency Manager